On 9/12/2011 3:12 AM, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
On Saturday, September 10, 2011 02:54:58 AM Dale wrote:
If we are so skilled, why is the Fedora dev not listening you reckon?

Is the Fedora dev aware of non-Fedora installations?

He is, because a Gentoo user/dev explicitly pointed out the problems this will cause Gentoo.

His response, to me, appeared to be a heavy dose of "way more people use Fedora/Debian/etc than Gentoo so I'm tailoring my fix to those people" combined with a touch of "if you're running Gentoo you're smart enough to figure this out on your own". Possibly with a subtle, hidden hint of "that's what you get for not running Fedora", but I could be imagining that.

--Mike