On Sep 16, 2011 5:37 PM, "Dale" <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alan McKinnon wrote:
>>
>> The basic idea is you set the boot drive in the bios and which runs grub
>> from that drive's mbr. When you installed that grub you hard-coded it
>> to know where to find it's grub.conf.
>>
>> You can use the existing grub and it's config files just fine. Add a
>> new entry for your new stuff on sdb - grub will reference that drive as
>> (hd1) in grub.conf - and configure the root, kernel and initrd
>> settings appropriately.
>>
>> If I were you I'd install grub to the mbr on sdb as well. If you happen
>> to switch sda and sdb around, you'll still have code to boot from on
>> the new first drive and not need to change the boot drive settings in
>> the bios. It's not a necessity, just a convenience.
>>

> That's what I was thinking.  Now that I got that straight in my head.
 Moooooving on.

> I was wanting to play with reiserfs4.  Where in the heck is the command?
 I have this:

> root@fireball / # mk << tab twice >>
> mk_cmds           mke2fs            mkfs              mkfs.ext3
mkfs.msdos        mkhybrid          mkmanifest        mkswap
> mkdir             mkfifo            mkfs.bfs          mkfs.ext4
mkfs.reiserfs     mk_isdnhwdb       mknod             mktap
> mkdiskimage       mkfontdir         mkfs.cramfs       mkfs.ext4dev
 mkfs.vfat         mkisofs           mkpasswd          mktap-2.7
> mkdosfs           mkfontscale       mkfs.ext2         mkfs.minix
 mkhomedir_helper  mklost+found      mkreiserfs        mktemp
> root@fireball / #
>
> I have reiserfs3 but I can't find 4.  I didn't see anything in the man
page either.  I thought it may be a option like -j for ext2 or 3.

IIRC, you must emerge reiser4.

Try eix reiser

Rgds,