On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:08:05 +0700
Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2011 5:11 AM, "Mark Knecht" <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> [-- snip --]
>
> > Speaking as someone experienced in running Gentoo but certainly not
> > a power user - I don't write scripts or program at all - I gotta
> > say I don't like that way this is all working on my system so far.
> > TO BE CLEAR, I am SURE that I don't have everything configured as
> > well as it could possibly be, but I also suspect that would be true
> > for the majority of new wireless users on Gentoo after only a day
> > or two.

Just to throw a small spanner in the works....

All my wpa issues were solved long ago by dumping the gentoo net
scripts, then installing and running wicd where it all JustWorks(TM).

init.d scripts work great for static servers.
wicd works great for mobile laptops.
There's very little overlap between these two.

Have you considered using wicd at all?

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com