On Thursday 29 Sep 2011 18:35:13 Spidey / Claudio wrote:
> Deleting files were slow as hell too.

Hmm ... no, not here.  Reiser4 pretty much blew the doors off anything else I
have ever used in Linux land.  (I have not tried btrfs yet).

I can't even blame reiser4 for the 'temperamental' behaviour that I mentioned
earlier with any degree of certainty.  Some people have blamed kernel patches
that borked reiser4, so heed Volker's earlier comment.  I have also found some
gcc versions not being particularly friendly to it.

The only repetitive failure modes I noticed where I could definitely blame the
fs were:

a) recovery after power failure (unlike e.g. good ol' reiserfs)
b) running out of space on a partition.

Once these two failure modes are guarded against the fs was performing as
expected.
--
Regards,
Mick