Andrey Moshbear wrote:
2011/9/27 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella<jesus.guerrero.bote...@gmail.com>:
Check that the consolekit service is also on at bootup.

Besides that, the udisks, upower, consolekit, policykit and udev flags
apply here. Check they are on, particularly for kde-base/kdelibs
(emerge -pv kdelibs).
All are enabled.

What kdelibs (and kde, in general) version(s) are you using?
4.7.1

Hal hasn't been needed for disk mounting nor anything else for a long time.

Consolekit has indeed been in init, but hotplug and acpi are still
non-functional.
I don't know if this is related, but the kde policykit thingy dies
shortly after login due to a buffer overflow in memcpy.

Here is a list of what I have installed and as far as I know, everything works. This includes my printer, camera and USB drives when inserted.

root@fireball / # equery l dbus kdelibs polkit consolekit
 * Searching for dbus ...
[IP-] [  ] sys-apps/dbus-1.4.12:0

 * Searching for kdelibs ...
[IP-] [  ] kde-base/kdelibs-4.7.1-r2:4

 * Searching for polkit ...
[IP-] [  ] sys-auth/polkit-0.101-r1:0

 * Searching for consolekit ...
[IP-] [  ] sys-auth/consolekit-0.4.5-r1:0
root@fireball / #

Maybe compare those. If you need me to, I can post the emerge info with USE flags too.

Dale

:-)  :-)