On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 20.10.2011 15:00, schrieb Mark Knecht:
>
>> I've wanted to try out the Linux KVM stuff but watching the
>> development list gave me the feeling it wasn't stable enough to depend
>> on day to day.
>
> I have that stuff out at customers.
>
> Gentoo hosts run KVM, in there virtual Windows-machines for various
> specific software they need.
>
> Stable so far.

Good to know. Maybe I'll give it a try.

The following is more for my own to do list. Feel free to respond if
you know of a good Gentoo oriented web page for using KVM.

- I believe I've read that somehow I can convert my VMware Player
image to something that KVM runs directly. Is that correct? If so I
can move there pretty quickly, at least in terms of a simple test.

- I suppose there's a bunch of kernel config I need to do first, as
well as emerge some sort of KVM apps?

Cheers,
Mark