On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 12:07:23PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote

> In that case, you have a different situation since there is clearly a
> partition on the disk. The partition table may be slightly faulty, hence
> the need for fdisk. Recreating the partition table with fdisk should fix
> that permanently.

  I thought about this, and decided not to.  This is how the phone set
up the mini-SD card.  If I change things, then I don't know how the
phone would react.  The main concern is that it work properly in the
phone.  I can work around its idiosyncrasies in linux whenever I need to
transfer photos off the phone, or other stuff to the phone.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>