On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:09:24 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> I'm getting a Kindle Fire in a few days. While I didn't get it
> specifically to watch movies looking at the specs it does apparently
> handle mp4 as a video format and they state online that you can watch
> streaming movies & TV shows from Amazon's servers.

You may not need to bother with transcoding. I looked at this for my Asus
Transformer and spent time with mencoder settings etc trying to get the
right format for the Android supported video formats. Then I discovered
Moboplayer in the android market, that uses software decoding to play
just about anything, so I just rip the DVD titles as MPEG2, no
transcoding needed at all. If the Fire's CPU can handle software
decoding, this is a much simpler, and higher quality, solution.

--
Neil Bothwick

Q: Why do PCs - even modern ones - have reset buttons on the front?