On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 09:57:10AM +0000, James Broadhead wrote:
> On 31 October 2011 09:13, Willie Wong <ww...@math.princeton.edu> wrote:
> > When I look at /dev/input I see the devices mice, mouse0, mouse1,
> > mouse2, mouse3. The first one, mice, seems to be a combination of all
> > other mouse devices.
> >
> > On the console I want to use gpm to get a pointer, but gpm can only
> > take one MOUSEDEV entry at a time (as far as I know), so currently I
> > have it set on /dev/input/mice. Ideally, however, I only want to use
> > mouse0 and mouse2 on the console (mouse1 is actually a touchscreen and
> > its output is "junk" from the point of view of the ps2 driver, and
> > actually causes problems).
> >
> > How does one create, using udev, an input device that aggregates just
> > the data from mouse0 and mouse2?
>
> Do you mean for X, or a /dev/ node for gpm ? Like /dev/input/most_mice ?
>
> For the first, this is configurable in xorg.conf. No clue about the second.

The second. Like you said, in xorg.conf I can select multiple pointer
devices, so there's no need to worry about X (and in fact the X events
driver is capable of dealing with the touchscreen). So yes, I would
like something in the spirit of /dev/input/all_but_one_mice.

Thanks

Willie W. Wong                                     ww...@math.princeton.edu
         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton