Mark Knecht wrote:
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi,

For the first time in my life, I think I have a drive failing on me.  Here
is the info:

<SNIP>
What you folks think?  Can I fix it somehow?  I got a good shovel handy just
in case.

Dale
Start doing backups before you write even 1 more email! ;;-)

- Mark

Well, it was in my brothers winders rig. Winders couldn't do anything but puke on the keyboard so I brought it down here and put it in my old Linux rig. I mounted it ro and got the data off it FIRST THING. There was a boatload of pictures from their camera. Anyway, the data seems to be safe tho a few may have gotten messed up. I got to test that in a bit.

Is this terminal or can something be done to correct this? I did run the dd command before I ran the selftest. I don't think it matters but thought it wouldn't hurt either. If it is terminal, I'll get my screwdriver out and see what these drives look like on the inside. The last one I looked into was a old 14" thing many years ago. Platters were about the size of 33 rpm records. lol Dang I'm old. O_O

Dale

:-)  :-)