Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
Hi,

Am Freitag, 4. November 2011, 19:05:23 schrieb Francisco Ares:
Hi, All

Sorry for the OT, but Gentoo'ers are way above medium linux users.

I have a bunch of movie clips and I wanted to build a table of contents
including clip duration. Instead of opening one at a time, is there any
application that I could user for a script?

I though on mplayer, but I could not find a way for it to tell me the
duration of a clip.
emerge exiftool

exiftool<movie>  | grep "^Duration"

Thanks
Francisco
Best,
Michael

I got to put that command in my savers file. I have always wondered that too.

Any way to know for sure the whole movie is there without playing the whole thing? Sometimes the end of mine gets cut off. I think one of the sites I use has a limit and it cuts off the connection even if it is in the middle of the show. The nerve of people. lol

Thanks.  You helped two people today.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)