I have two gentoo boxes, X has an ASUS M2NPV-VM with AMD64 3500+ CPU, Y
has a AMD64 X2 5600+ CPU. Since I need more juice on X I thought I could
swap CPUs.

After updating X's BIOS the system with the 'new' CPU boots up to the
MythTv screen with no error but does not respond to the USB keyboard nor
to the remote control keypresses. More precisely:

- keyboard is fine at grub boot, I can select up and down or edit the
entries
- keyboard is no longer responsive at the init scripts start (when you
can press 'I' to select services)

My first thought was that X (and Y) WERE compiled with '-march=native'
GCC flag and maybe the 5600+ does not execute properly the 3500+ code.
But a quick search on wikipedia shows that 5600+ has a superset of the
3500+ so I should have problems putting the 3500+ in the Y box, not
vice-versa.

Any suggestions?

raffaele