Dale wrote:
>  Of course, if I find something better, I can backup the /home
> directory and install something else then restore the /home and carry on
> with something new.

I strongly recommend keeping a separate partition for /home; it makes things
a lot easier if and when you switch. It also makes backing up the whole
partition with dd very easy.

> This is the beauty of Linux.

Heh indeed; you can even keep an lvm setup across distros. I used to have
`gentoo' and `debian' volume groups and it's easy to mount logical volumes
in either direction (/home was on a separate large physical partition.)

--
#friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)