On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:03:52 -0400, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:

> Where do we easily find a list of "necessary" files, system files
> etc... so we dont inaverdently remove them? For instance I am using
> udev for some time now, can I let depclean remove devfsd?

They will be defined in your profile, and therefore be a dependency
of system. Emerge will show you a big, scary warning if you try to remove
one. The reason depclean wants to remove devfsd is that system no longer
requires it, current profiles default to udev.

--
Neil Bothwick

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.