On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 22:00:18 +0000, David W Noon wrote:

> > Now it makes sense, but can't you use busybox fsck?
>
> AFAIAA, busybox does not have an fsck command.  If it did, it would
> only be a transparent loader for filesystem-specific programs, such as
> e2fsck or reiserfsck; this is how the standard fsck program works too.

Busybox does have an fsck, it doesn't recognise the filesystem type, you
have to give it as an argument. A quick Google suggest that it does
indeed pass the work on to e2fsck, however, I tried renaming /sbin/e2fsck
and then running "busybox fsck -t ext2 /dev/summat" and it worked.

--
Neil Bothwick

Copy from another: plagiarism. Copy from many: research.