On Dec 7, 2011 11:02 PM, "Grant Edwards" <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2011-12-07, Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On 6 December 2011, at 23:25, Grant Edwards wrote:
> >> The Ubuntu documentation seems to be mainly user-forum threads full of
> >> wrong answers posted by people who didn't understand the question.
> >
> > I tried Ubuntu, hated this *so* much.
> >
> > I'm sure all the respondents were just trying to be helpful, but they
> > made Ubuntu look like the distro of idiots.
>
> Ubuntu is intended to be usable by people ignorant of how Linux/Unix
> works.  As such, it does tend to get used by people who are ignorant
> of how Linux/Unix works.  Asking such a group for technical help is an
> express-train to frustration -- but there doesn't really seem to be
> anywhere you can ask questions of Ubuntu users who _do_ understand
> things.

askubuntu.com (a part of the StackExchange network) is a good place to ask
Ubuntu-related questions. Heck, the whole StackExchange sites are
wonderful. I myself frequent StackOverflow (where I answer bash questions),
ServerFault (mostly answering iptables questions), and SuperUser (where I
ask questions). My handle in StackExchange is pepoluan.

Rgds,