Thank you all who replied my last messages.

Now I am back to plain alsa, but no two programs can use it at the same
time. Alsa drivers are built on the kernel, and I have the following
packages installed:

media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.24.1:0
media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa-0.10.35:0.10
media-sound/alsa-utils-1.0.24.2-r1:0.9

The two first ones were puled by emerging "alsa-utils".

I have lost "/etc/asound.conf", and I guess this is the key.  Looking to
which package it belongs to, "equery" found none. I have put a quite simple
version (as explained here:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/ALSA#Default_Sound_Device)::

pcm.!default { type hw card Intel }
ctl.!default { type hw card Intel }

Any hints on how can I get all programs to mix up as before?

Thanks again
Francisco

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have