I upgraded 2 systems (both servers, one about 30 miles from me and one
a VPS on another continent) and had zero issues. Unless you have the
king of all obscure setups or you insist on merging config files
by-hand instead of using etc-update or dispatch-conf, there's only a
miniscule chance that you'll have any problems. I'd say go for it.