In linux.gentoo.user, Lavender wrote:

> I have checked my Xorg.0.log, there is no error message. I have a
> question,I read xorg.conf , I didn't find any area about Window
> Manage, so how xorg-server knowswhich WM to invoke when I use "X
> -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf" ?BTW, among my class I am the only one who
> uses Linux, so it's impossible to use ssh.

Window managers are started by users. I think you are talking about
"display managers".

Xorg runs a script /etc/X11/startDM.sh. It will start up /etc/init.d/xdm
if that's the display manager defined (as it is in a default Gentoo
setup). You define which display manager you want to start in
/etc/conf.d/xdm, for example:

DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm"

This will start the KDE4 display manager.

--
Regards,
Gregory.