On Mon, December 12, 2011 7:23 am, Joseph wrote:
> Any any body provide me with hint why my "virtual host" is not working in
> apache?

We'll try :)

> I've copied server config files from one computer to another.

Which config-files?
I think apache uses the following:
/etc/conf.d/apache
/etc/apache/*

And is apache compiled with the same USE-flags on both machines?

> I used "meld" to be sure most changes are accurate but when try to access
> virtual host:
> I get:
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.

This is either a missing/wrong configuration, or Apache does not have
access to the directory (filesystem permissions)

> I don't know where else to look.
>
> In /etc/hosts I have:
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mydomain.ca syscon5
> 10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
>
> If I comment out: #10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
> I can access this domain.

Does it work properly when you comment out this line?
Is the IP-adres correct?

> in: modules.d/00_default_settings.conf
> # We configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of features.
> <Directory />
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order deny,allow
>     Deny from all
> </Directory>
>
> # added below
> <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
>          AllowOverride All
>          Order allow,deny
>          Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> <FilesMatch "^\.ht">
>     Order allow,deny
>     Deny from all
> </FilesMatch>
>
> I don't know where else to look. I can not access virtual domain on port
> 80 nor on 443

There is a different directory where the actual websites are configured:
/etc/apache/vhosts

I am missing this in your email.

> The server is working perfectly on my other computer running the same
> version of apache. As stated earlier I've compare configuration file with
> meld so I'm sure there are no mistakes.

What does apache report in the logs?
/var/log/apache/*

--