At 2011-12-15 03:24:20,"Michael Schreckenbauer" <grim...@gmx.de> wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2011, 14:22:47 schrieb Lavender:
>> Now I'm totally confused, I can't find helpful information from Internet.
>> I know mesa is a open source implementation of OpenGL, obviously
>> mesa will afford OpenGL API. DRI is short for Direct Rendering
>> Infrastructure, I have chosen options like:
>> Device Drivers --->
>>   Graphics support --->
>>   <*>  Direct Rendering Manager --->
>
>this is DRM. This one manages allocation of memory for video devices.
>
>>   <*>    ATI Radeon
>>   [*]      Enable modesetting on radeon by default
>>
>> Does this mean that DRI libraries are built into kernel?
>
>No.
>
>> If not, who
>> contains DRI? Also who affords GLX libraries? Mesa or Xorg?
>
>DRI is part of mesa. Mesa also provides the GLX libraries.
>
>Best,
>Michael

Thanks and  I wish you could help answer this question.Now I know Mesa provides
DRI and GLX, when I installed xorg-server,there're also libraries named like
libdri.so and libglx.so in /etc/X11/....(somewhere).What I don't understand is,
why Xorg-server still provides its own DRI and GLX while Mesahas done this
already?