On 15 December 2011 18:44, Matthew Finkel <matthew.fin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Carlos Sura
> <carlos.su...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>>
>> Well, Thank you for your answer Mick, but after numerous test also many
>> times I've tried, could't make this happen, because quick media is without
>> the HD (or at least I think) because I don't need to get to windows, is a
>> OS very light to use, email, navigation, skype and some others things.
>

> Correct, so it should be completely independent of Windows or Gentoo or
> whichever OS you have installed on your hard drive.
>

>> Also, I have to delete RECOVERY partition, because it did not work (I
>> tried with extended partition, same results)
>>

> Those partitions are pretty useless anyway :)
>

>> Now, I'm running Gentoo +  Windows 7 (Dual Boot) a little problems, but
>> for now, I can work in both systems very well.
>>

> Awesome! Glad to hear you have Gentoo working! Just out of curiosity, what
> types of problems are you still having?
>

>> Regards
>> --
>> Carlos Sura.-
>> www.carlossura.com
>>

> - Matt
>
> --
> Matthew Finkel

Well,

My laptop has 2 video cards INTEL (integrated video card) That's the only
one that works.

And Ati Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics:

lspci:
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan [Mobility
Radeon HD 5400 Series]

I tried with switchero but it just only work with INTEL not for ATI, also
I've tried to use just ATI (ati-drivers) package, but when I try to:
X -configure

it says something like:
Screen found, but driver:
fxglrs (not found)

I tried following all gentoo wiki about ATI, but it just simply don't work.
I don't care to use both video cards, but I would like to use ATI insted
INTEL.

If there any way or someone who knows how to solve this, it would be great
for me!

Regards

--
Carlos Sura.-