> Still looks like loopback is active.  Try to find a slider called
"Capture" in alsamixer and mute it.  There might also be a setting called
"input" which can be set to i2c, i2s, mix, etc.  Play with these.  I had
the same problem with a Soundblaster Live 24-bit, and the problem was that
it was set "mix", which is a setting that allows you to record whatever is
currently playing.  It's a good thing to have, but as you can imagine,
screws with voice communications, because you're recording not only your
own voice, but also the voice of the other person and sending it back right
to them.

> It's also possible to set this in KMix, but I don't know if you're using
KDE.

Trying your suggestion.