On 2011-12-24 16:41, Michael Mol wrote:

> Though...hm. One thing you might try is keeping the 'video' streams in
> 'copy' mode, but transcode the audio streams to something like 256kb/s
> MP3. It'll increase your file size slightly, but the tools may be
> clever enough to maintain sync better that way.

If I remember correctly Avidemux has an option to calculate the original
video file audio length (if the audio is VBR). Not sure how this would
work with two files though; perhaps you would need to do this for each
file first and then adjust accordingly? I guess the only way to find out
is to play with it...

Merry xmas!

Peter K