On Wednesday 28 Dec 2011 18:27:12 Vishnupradeep wrote:
> output of emerge -vpe world
> http://pastebin.com/wG3fSYLr
>
> I hope this will be useful.

You have emerged alsa-firmware, but have not defined any device that may use
said firmware?

BTW, please try not to top post - see my replies further down this thread.

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Vishnupradeep
>
> <intermedia.vis...@gmail.com>wrote:
> > The video plays but the first few seconds of audio is looping. The Flash
> > player in browser has also problems. The Youtube video plays only 3
> > seconds and stops. Then if used the slider. then plays 3 seconds from
> > new position and stops. The video was fully buffered. still have this
> > problem.

Odd ... this is like a caching/buffering problem.

> >> vishnu@localhost ~ $ vlc
> >> VLC media player 1.1.13 The Luggage (revision exported)
> >> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
> >> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
> >> [0x604150] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use
> >> 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
> >> Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
> >> Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
> >> [0x6d9de0] qt4 interface error: Unable to load extensions module

These are not related to your problem.  I get them here and there is no audio
problem with my machine.

It may help to print your alsa-info output.  Someone who is better versed in
audio matters may be able to see something amiss in there.

--
Regards,
Mick