On 01/02/2012 04:28 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:18:23 -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

Requires time travel, not a solution!

Fine. Stick with your broken system and ignore any suggestions to either
repair the damage you have already done or to avoid future damage. Blame
it all on the portage devs and demand a refund!

I'm not blaming anyone, and the portage devs don't personally owe me anything. I see an opportunity to make portage safer for all Gentoo users, and am trying to make my case here, don't take it personally.

I appreciate the suggestions, but I already know how to avoid the problem in the future. But, if ever you make a single mistake, those solutions go out the window because you can no longer say what in the world file is important.