Hi all,

I have recently built a new system, running Gentoo on a Sabertooth 990FX
motherboard.  The board has a raid controller on which I'm running a
120GB solid state drive for the OS (Raid 0) and a set of three 1.5TB
drives which were previously running as a RAID5 array.

I can see the sda 120GB drive and have installed the operating system on
that.  I can't see one device for the three disk RAID5 array, even
though the RAID BIOS reports it as a healthy 3TB disk.  Instead I see
three separate devices, sdb, sdc and sdd

What do I need to do to mount the 3TB RAID disk?  I'm running genkernel,
and compiled it with genkernel --dmraid all.  It should already have
data on it, if I can only get gentoo to recognise it.

I can see the RAID controller when I use lspci

00:11.0 RAID bus controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0,SB8x0,SB9x0 SATA
Controller [RAID5 mode] (rev 40)

One possible clue may be in dmesg, where I get the error
device-mapper: table: 253:0: raid45: unknown target type

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks

Jeff