On Saturday August 20 2005 6:13 pm, John Dangler wrote:
> Mike~
> As a matter of fact, no.  all the other snd_ modules show, but not intel8x0
>
> Thanks for the assistance.  This is beginning to give me a slight
> headache...

You will still need alsa-drivers if you have built snd_intel8x0 as a module.
You just need to get the module installed, that's my story and I'm sticking
to it. :)
I would try running "make && make modules_install" from your kernel sources
directory. Then try modprobe snd_intel8x0 again. If that turns up ok, run
alsaconf again and you should be all set.

-jm