Florian Philipp wrote:
Besides, ntpd does not correct such large differences. It is not designed to do this, especially on a running system. Activate /etc/init.d/ntp-client. It will set the clock so that ntpd can keep it in sync afterwards. You can start ntp-client on a running system but it might lead to funny errors or crashes of applications. Better add it to runlevel default and restart. Regards, Florian Philipp

Two things. One, you need to set the clock manually since it is soooo far off. I would do this:

ntpdate -b -u pool.ntp.org

then start ntpd. Second thing, if you are dual booting with windows, you have to edit the config file to set it correctly: It is set in /etc/conf.d/hwclock and it has a message about how to set it. I think it is UTC. It tells you in the file tho. If it is not in yours, let me know and I'll post it.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"