On Sunday 15 Jan 2012 01:38:08 Carlos Sura wrote:
> On 14 January 2012 18:14, Carlos Sura <carlos.su...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Mates,
> >
> > I have updated my kernel to 3.2.1, using my old config, when I boot my
> > laptop with the new kernel, my wireless was not working, I thought that
> > it was my mistake, but after a google search I found the following
> > article: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Broadcom_43xx

I'm not sure that this article is up to date.

Have you been through this:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

> > Since, my wireless card is: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
> > Wireless LAN Controller
> >
> > That should work, right?

I'm running stable kernels and actually I'm still with 3.0.6 because the 3.1.6
crashes when I suspend to RAM.  Also my wireless card is BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-
PHY and it works fine with the b43 driver on the older kernels - which driver
was yours using?

(from lspci -k)

05:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev
01)
        Subsystem: Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card
        Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge
        Kernel modules: ssb

> > Then I did the Open Source Kernel Driver, and installed the package
> > broadcom-sta.

The broadcom-sta is Broadcom's proprietary driver - not Open Source!

According to the URL I mention above the BCM4313 chipset uses unsupported LCN
PHY, and the kernel developers are working on it.  May be worth talking to
them on #bcm-users in irc.freenode.net to see what they recommend.  I suspect
your choices are wl (which I don't think is in kernel) and the staging driver
brcmsmac (because the mac80211 does not work with Broadcom's proprietary
ieee80211 stack).

> > Boot the laptop again, and 'voila' wireless was working again, but after
> > 25-30 minutes using it, it stopped working, show me a blank screen with
> > the following error:
> >
> > Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!
> > Jan 14 18:12:14 gentoo-b0x kernel: [  614.214017] ERROR
> > @wl_cfg80211_get_station : Could not get rssi (-22)
> >
> > with a loop of that message, I could not do anything, just ctrl + alt +
> > supr  to reboot
> >
> > Second time, took 15-20 minutes and the same mistake, this is my third
> > time with the new kernel, I'm 15 minutes now, and nothing happened.

See if the module has any options for power saving and switch them off.

> > Any help?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > Carlos Sura.-
> > www.carlossura.com
>
> I'm back in the old kernel, and removed the broadcom-sta package and
> wireless seems to works.
>
> So, there is no need of broadcom-sta at this moment in the old kernel,
> maybe the new kernel works too without that package, I will update later,
> after testing.

It may help if you were to tell us which driver you are now using.
--
Regards,
Mick