From: Joe Menola [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 1:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's next

On Sunday August 21 2005 11:24 am, John Dangler wrote:
I'd like a good backup solution w/boot capability, but mondo is right out!
It's too flaky at the moment.
I'd like to get a backup of the system at this stage before adding a
desktop environment, so that I have somewhere to go back to in case of a
bork (either from software or operator error)

Personally, I prefer to backup at the partition level. Partimage works quite

well for me.
http://www.partimage.org/

I boot with  SystemRescueCd (has partimage built in) to backup and/or
restore
my partions.
http://www.sysresccd.org/

-jm