On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 09:34:56AM -0500, Michael Mol wrote:

> >> My results from work:
> >>
> >> Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 1,939,102 tested
> >> so far.
> >>
> >> Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that
> >> conveys at least 20.89 bits of identifying information.
> >>

> > Funny, I get exactly the same thing except add one to the large number.
> >  I guess you tested before I did.  How does one avoid this but still
> > have sites work?
>
> Well, I just went to the same site using a Chrome 'incognito' browser,
> and got this:
>
>    Within our dataset of several million visitors, only one in 969,560
> browsers have the same fingerprint as yours.
>
>    Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that
> conveys 19.89 bits of identifying information.

I get almost the same numbers with just using NoScript and Flashblock. (And
the above result when I allow the Java applet and JavaScript).

This backs me up in using noscript and flashblock. Sometimes I doubt myself
when I get asked once more why I would use NoScript in times when most of the
web relies on JS. I then say that privacy and comfort is more important to me
than having to allow JS on a site from time to time. (Even though some sites
obviously don't work without it, such as video portals, most of them still do,
albeit some gt a borked layout from it).
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

The power of water is so great, that even the strongest man cannot hold it.