hi,

i am not able to locate memtest86 ... can u pls guide me with it .. I have changed my ide cable but the DMA_INTR are still coming ..

Volker Armin Hemmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

the first suspect when the box behaves abnormal, is to run memtest86 for a
while - like 4h.

If it finds some errors, congratulation, ou found the culprit - if not, try
something different ;)

If your dma-errors are harddisk related, a new ide-cable may solve your
problem... this little bastards are broken so fast and easily, it is
sickening.

Rgds & Thnx

Rajat Gujral