Hi there!

Due to a MAJOR hardware problem I just got a new PC. It has an AMD
FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor which is a lot faster than my previous
AMD 4850e dual core machine. I'd like to emerge -e @world with
-march=native now, but I think about starting to use that graphite stuff.
You know, enabling the graphite USE flag for gcc, and adding
-floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -floop-block to the CFLAGS in order
to gain some speed by parallelizing stuff or something like that.

What are your impressions on this? Is it fun? Will there be a noticeable
speed difference? Do packages fail to build? We just had a 'Graphite
causing trouble' thread here, the problem was that dev-libs/cloog-ppl
has to be rebuilt when dev-libs/ppl has been updated. Can there be other
problems, which would make me waste much more time than I could
possibly gain by using these optimizations?

        Wonko