On Jan 30, 2012 7:19 AM, "Michael Mol" <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:46:58 -0500
> > Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> 28. Just got started earlier than most. Also "studied" history. :)
> >>

> > So if you saw them when they were still new and shiny that means at the
> > time you must have been
> >
> > 2 years old!
> >
> > Child prodigy?
>
> I didn't see anything new and shiny until I had the money to buy it
> myself...Though we did get a Tandy RLX1000 when I was five or six.
> When I was (I think) 12, I spent my $200 in savings to buy most of a
> second-hand K6-200 when the original owner was upgrading to (I think)
> a Celeron 300.

My earliest "new and shiny" then would be a honkin' big desktop horizontal
all-steel box, with a "Turbo" switch that toggles a front-panel (7-segment
LED)  display between "4.77" and "8.00"

And of floppies that really *are* floppy (5.25")...

And of copy-protected diskettes and CopyIIpc and CopyWrite...

As you can see, I have a severely traumatic childhood...

Rgds,