On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
> You should've tried installing MS Office back then...
> 45 (Or there-abouts) floppies and the installer asking for them in a
> random order. With some of those being asked several times...
>
> The guy asking for it paid a lot for it, so it wasn't too bad. ;)

I had to install Lotus Smart Suite on dozens of computers, it was
about 70 floppies IIRC. That became really fun when I suspected
someone had a virus, which infects every disk inserted... this was
before antivirus software was common. At home, on an OS/2 machine, I
dialed up the McAfee BBS and downloaded their AV program, made a
virus-free bootable floppy, set it read-only, and took it to work.
Nearly every computer, every disk, in offices covering half of the
USA, were infected with the Monkey.B virus. I proceeded to disinfect
hundreds of floppy disks at the offices where I worked for the rest of
the week. Fun. :)