On Saturday 11 Feb 2012 07:47:41 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012, 18:33:12 schrieb Daniel D Jones:
> > I was one of those bitten by the upgrade to KMail back in October.  After
> > spending nearly two days without access to email while trying to get the
> > upgrade and migration to work, I gave up and pinned KMail to version
> > 4.4.11.1.
> >
> > With the recent upgrade to KDE, I'm curious if anyone knows whether the
> > bugs have been worked out and the KMail upgrade will go smoother now?
>
> I switched a long time ago, so I can't say anything about 'smoother' but it
> does work, as long as you remove all mail ressources and add them back one
> after another.

Unfortunately, it does not work here on my test x86 stable box.  I have
removed and added each resource more than a dozen times.  POP3 seems to
broadly work (but it creates duplicate messages which once deleted are
recreated) and IMAP4 does not show any messages in the Inbox.  The
kaddressbook does not show the addresses.

I've tried deleting akonadi databases, adding the resources or importing them
and starting again many, many times to come to the conclusion that in my set
up it just won't work.  I hope that code progress eventually restores
functionality which I consider absolutely basic - i.e. to be able to read my
messages and use my addresses.

Having wasted far too much time for no positive result I'm now in hope that
trinity desktop will come up with a solution that I was sorry to see left
behind - KDE 3.5.
--
Regards,
Mick