On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 06:57:08PM +0200, Kfir Lavi wrote

> No, it is all the videos that are 720p x264.

  Is this a recently installed Gentoo?  I had a similar problem trying
to play 1080i TV and also with NHL Gamecenter Live.  A fresh install
will have almost all binaries using generic lowest-common-denominator
32 or 64 bit code, so that it will work on every machine with the target
CPU.  Once I did "emerge system" + "emerge world" + rebuilt kernel and
rebooted, it ran fine (for a 4+ year old Dell).  Now it can handle at
least the minimum speed for NHL Gamecenter Live, and play 1080i from the TV
tuner.  For CPU flags I use...
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

  If that isn't your problem, can we see output from the 2 commands...

cat /proc/cpuinfo (1 core is enough, thanks)

head /proc/meminfo (does Memtotal: match what your BIOS shows on bootup?)

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>