Fredrik Axelsson schreef:
> I'm trying to emerge gentoo-sources with the -doc use flag set.
>
> emerge -pv gentoo-sources shows that gentoo-sources will be emerged
> without the doc use flag.
>
> "-doc" is set both in my make.conf USE variable and in
> /etc/portage/package.use
>
> After the emerge 'equery uses gentoo-sources' shows that gentoo-sources
> does infact use the doc use flag anyway.
>
> 'emerge -puD world' want's to install the docbook-sgml-packages
>
> Does anyone have a clue to why it behaves like this.

I was just reading man equery, and according to that:

 uses <local-opts> pkgspec
              display USE flags for pkgspec.  No local options are
actually implemented yet.

So it's not necessarily displaying the USE flags actually used to build
the package on your system, but rather the USE flags specified for the
package (some of which you have disabled).

That then brings us to the question, if not gentoo-sources, then what
exactly is pulling in docbook-sgml?

Try

emerge -puDtv world

to find the answer to that.