http://mark.orbum.net/2011/11/15/the-pan-pipes-of-gentoo-linux-always-at-the-source/

> > so, are we brothers? :-)
> >

> But, but... you don't _need_ an initrd to have root on LVM!  You just
> need LVM built-in and GRUB 2!
>
> *ducks*

Eh? You don't need to duck from me... I am one of those guys who are
against initrd/initramfs :-P

That said, anyone read his description of other distros? Somehow I got the
vibes that Gentoo's is the one where he didn't explicitly point out
something bad against; only a lamentation that he really don't want to
spend too much time compiling everything.

The blog writer's closing paragraph is very poetic it hurts; for I'm about
to leave my beloved Gentoo servers behind...

Rgds,