Hi,

I'm trying to get WLAN working on my HP625 laptop.
I've checked several web pages but I'm lost.

I'm using a recent kernel  (3.3-rc5+).
I configured CONFIG_BRCMUTIL=m CONFIG_BRCMSMAC=m CONFIG_BRCMFMAC=m  and
I installed the coresponding firmware in /lib/firmware/brcm

Now, lspci -k  shows
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 145c
        Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge

and even

iwconfig shows
wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=0 dBm
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:on

I have net.wlan0 symlinked to net.lo.

Now, when I try
/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start

the screen gets blanked on a console as well as from an XTerm
and the kernel crashes totally, i.e. the emergency reboot doesn't work
either.  And trying to do an strace with output to a file shows that
even this output file doesn't exist (i.e. hasn't been closed)

So, what can I try next?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.