I wouldn't do anything to the swap file.  If you ADDED memory, you do NOT need
to make your swap file any bigger.  If you didn't set the hard disk up with
lvm or some other volume management scheme, it's kind of risky to move things
around.  Traditionally, the rule of thumb was 1.5 x real memory size for the
swap file, but once you get 512 or more of ram, it gets fuzzy.  If you REALLY
want more swap, create a new swap partition, or a swap file and turn it on.
you can have more than one source of swap (though I caution that they should
be the same size, since most unix variants use swap round-robin).

--
John Jolet
Your On-Demand IT Department