On 3/21/12, Nilesh Govindrajan <cont...@nileshgr.com> wrote:
> Make sure that you have hplip installed (with hpcups & scanner USE flags
> enabled). Also cups with USE flag usb if you have not enabled kernel usb
> printer support. I have the same piece and it's working like a charm for
> the past four years :D
> My printer is seven years old though.
>
> --
> Nilesh Govindarajan
> http://nileshgr.com

Fantastic! It's looks like not configurin usb printer in the kernel
and rebuilding cups with USE usb did the job :)

Final cuestion: when I run hp-setup installed the HP PSC 1400 and not
1410, is that ok? is that Nilesh the one you have installed and
working?

Many thanks to all suggestion, I appreciate your time very much.
Sebas