Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> writes:

> I offer you two choices:
>
> a. Move a few commands into an initramfs, truly only the ones you
> really do need, or
> b. Move 7G of files onto / (i.e. everything) and lose any benefit you
> (and everyone else with different ideas to you) may want by having a
> separate /usr. Oh, and you get to deal with finding the hardcoded paths
> and fixing the code yourself.
>
> Those are your choices. Pick one.

In that case I pick a. It's not a big deal.

I don't have anything against initrd, and use it on several places. It's
useful for many things including enabling / on raid or lvm.

But I also see the usefulnes of having / on a real partition, and being
able to start a kernel with init=/bin/bash when I have screwed something
up, which I tend to do quite often, :)

--
 Christer