Does anybody in the list have used plymouth.
I installed and configured plymouth
as http://dev.gentoo.org/~aidecoe/doc/en/plymouth.xml told.
my grub.conf is

title Gentoo Linux
root (hd0,13)
kernel /boot/kernel-3.2.1-gentoo-r2 root=/dev/sda10 video=radeon:1366x768 quiet
splash
initrd /boot/initramfs-3.2.1-gentoo-r2.img

While I rebooting my machine, it shows "[plymouth] could not create
/run/plymouth" and there is no splash.
Then I created /run/plymouth directory in the initrd file system manually, but
it seems that this doesn't change anything.
And then I created /run/plymouth in my root file system, while this time system
shows
"plymouthd could not start boot splash: No such file or directory".

I checked my Ubuntu virtual machine, which plymouth works well, there is no
/run/plymouth directory in initram file system or real root file system.

I googled this problem and found some guys had faced the same problem with me,
but nobody have a solution.
This is my first time to ask for help in the list, and this is even my first
time to use a mailing list.
Sorry for my poor English.