Alle 03:48, mercoledì 24 agosto 2005, Holly Bostick ha scritto:

> /opt/firefox/plugins??? How did you install Firefox? Does the -bin
> ebuild install to /opt (I compile mine)? Even so, it seems weird that
> the -bin ebuild would have a completely different filetree from the
> compiled version... the only way I know (unless the -bin ebuild does
> install to /opt) to install Firefox to /opt (under Gentoo) is to use
> the Linux installer on the Mozilla site.

I installed firefox from portage, but I have 2 versions: precompiled and
compiled.
The problem is that flash plug-in doesn't work in 64 bit mode (I have a
amd64) and I must install a 32 bit version to use it.

> Firefox isn't looking in /opt/firefox/plugins for its plugins,
> apparently, or is unable to use what it finds there. Why, I don't
> know. Where it is in fact looking, I also don't know... but on my
> system, the mplayer plugin is installed in 2 places:
>
> /opt/netscape/plugins (which is probably a deprecated holdover from a
> previous version of something else, something old and not-too-bright)
>
> /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins
> (this folder is symlinked to /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins)
>
> You might try the following two commands to see if there are other
> directories that Firefox might be searching:
>
> locate firefox/plugins
> locate Firefox/plugins

Cinzia ~ # locate firefox/plugins
/opt/firefox/plugins
/opt/firefox/plugins/libnullplugin.so
/opt/firefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
/opt/firefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in.xpt
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libnullplugin.so
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in.xpt
Cinzia ~ # locate Firefox/plugins
/usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins
Cinzia ~ # ll /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins
 /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins -> /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins

> Alternatively, what are the permissions on the plugin files you
> copied? It's possible that the user trying to run them doesn't have
> permissions to read the files-- i.e., root copied them to opt, but
> the regular user is an "other" (neither root nor a member of the
> group owning the files), and does not have the necessary permission
> to read the file when Firefox is opened and attempts to read the
> plugin files. Additionally, it's possible that the user only has
> permission to read the plugin, and needs read-write (my plugin is
> rwx-rwx-rwx, and I'm pretty sure I never touched them; I wasn't even
> aware of /usr/lib/nsbrowser until I started investigating this just
> now).

> Holly
I did the chmod 777 /opt/netscape/plugins/mplayerplug-in.* because:
ll /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in.*
/usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
-> /opt/netscape/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
/usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in.xpt
-> /opt/netscape/plugins/mplayerplug-in.xpt

but it doesn't solve the problem!
Luigi
--
Public key GPG(0x073A0960) on http://keyserver.linux.it/