Nick Rout wrote:
I know I should upload this to bugs.gentoo.org, but as we are in the
middle of a thread i thought I'd load it here for anyone interested to
try (and to criticise)

Please be gentle with me, this is my first ebuild.

The ebuild is attached, as is the small startup script. The way it works
and installs is detailed below (although the version is now 1.0.2 rather
than 1.0.0)

You need to have portage overlay enabled, and assuming your overlay is
in /usr/local/portage, you need to make the following directories:

/usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/
and /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/files

the ebuild file goes in the former, the file laby goes in the latter.

You will need to:

ebuild /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/laby-1.0.2.ebuild digest

and then add laby your list of unstable builds:

echo "games-roguelike/laby  ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

It _should_ then emerge fine.

As long as you are in the games group you should be able to just run
laby

Nick,

I just followed your instructions and everything worked without errors. So far so good.