On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 14:35, Ignas Anikevičius <anikevic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it's been several since I have tried to make my machine boot again without
> any live CDs and I could not narrow the main issue down. The problem is that
> the kernel can not mount the root partition.
>
> Some info about my system:
> running ~amd64
> kernel: gentoo-sources-3.3.3
> bootloader: grub2-9999 (grub.cfg generated with grub2-mkconfig -o
> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg)
> root partition is ext4, but ext4 is built into kernel
> I have a separate /boot partition
>
> my grub.cfg can be found here:
> http://pastebin.com/nm6HCkpM
>
> I have written down some log messages from the last boot. Sorry if something
> is not 100% accurate as I took a crappy picture with my phone and tried to
> rewrite everything:
> http://pastebin.com/0zQN6X5t
>
> I would very appreciate someones help.
>
> Thanks,
> Ignas A.

At a glance, looks like your kernel doesn't include a driver for your
drive controller, given the panic you're getting. If you have another
kernel sitting around on your /boot, you can edit your grub entry on
the fly, boot to that, and give your kernel config for the new kernel
a quick check for whichever driver it is you should be running.

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy