On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:53:57 -0700, walt wrote:

> Also, I notice that a /run directory on tmpfs appeared a while ago
> (can't remember when) and I think that should have fixed the file
> locking error from lvm, no?  But it's not fixed for me.

AFAIK the default lvm.conf still uses /var/run for locking_dir, /run on
tmpfs is only half the solution, changing the config is the other half.

I've rebooted several times today, trying to fix a separate problem, and
haven't had any problems with lvm.

--
Neil Bothwick

Memory Map - A sheet of paper showing location of computer store.