On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 21:55:08 +0200
Stephane Guedon <steph...@einstein.22decembre.eu> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I am now forced to replace my epson printer.
>
> Anyone think of a printer for which ink is quite cheap (contrary to
> the epson) and that allow to have status not only in windows ?
>
> Epson as an utility to have ink status in windows and linux, but I
> have my printer on a server and was in hope some could have ink
> status iin cups ...
>
> So, anyone that have a suggestion is welcome !

Is it just me?  There is a bad GPG signature (maybe it is due to the
accent character(s)).

Anyway, IMO hplip is much nicer than mtink (there is the command-line
tool hp-level included that displays ink level), and HP ink don't dry
up if you leave the printer idle for 2 weeks, unlike Epson. Of course,
if you print a lot you should consider laser printer.

Kerwin